Oral and IV Sedation Instructions Following Surgery
Discharge and Transportation
- You must be discharged to the care of a responsible adult who can accompany you home
- Arrangements should be made to have an adult remain with you for the remainder of the day if you have been sedated intravenously
- A taxi driver does not count as your escort
Food and Beverages
- Cool liquids such as smoothies, protein shakes are initially advised
- Diet can be increased to soup/pasta consistency as tolerated
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours
- Refrain from smoking after surgery
- Take the medications that Dr. Yamaoka prescribed as instructed
- You may resume your regular medications after the procedure
- Do not operate motor vehicles, aircrafts, boats, power tools, or machinery for 24 hours or longer if drowsiness/dizziness persists
- Do not sign or enter into any legal contract for at least 24 hours
- Do not exercise or do any intensive physical activities for 5 days after the procedure
If you experience any acute pain, heavy bleeding from the surgical site, respiratory issues or any other post-operative concerns, please notify the office at Dr. Scott Yamaoka Periodontics & Oral Implantology Phone Number 604-738-3626. In the event of an emergency after hours, you can reach Dr. Yamaoka on his cell phone at 604-788-6476.
Are You Looking for Periodontal Care?
Call us with any questions or to schedule an appointment!